[LMB] Crossovers (with Herself's work) That Should Not Be...

Mark A. Mandel thnidu at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 03:32:17 BST 2007

Miles? "When I get back to Barrayar, I'll make a fortune peddling this stuff to the military!" sounds more like Mark.

http://filk.cracksandshards.com/ACCsuite.html#Mark

Mark's Jingle.
Dendarii maple mead has been called "the most disgusting, gut-destroying,
guerilla attack-beverage ever brewed by man".
But once Mark Vorkosigan starts thinking about what he can do with it,
we might get a distillery and an ad campaign such as this.
(See Lois McMaster Bujold's
A Civil Campaign, Epilogue.)
[Posted Feb. 2001]

Mark's Jingle
Mark A. Mandel © 2000

Ttto "Yankee Doodle Dandy", George M. Cohan

See note below

I like maple sugar brandy

Brewed from maple sugar mead

Right up in my own Dendarii hills --

You know it's just what you need.

Smooth as maple sugar candy,

Hard as sugar maple wood!

    On my word as Vorkosigan,

    Dendarii maple brandy

Will knock you for a loop

        and do you... good!

[In the Epilogue we see MPVK Enterprises' first product:
maple ambrosia, Ma Kosti's miraculous blend of bug butter with maple
mead from the meadery Miles runs to channel income to the hillfolk (p. 521).
I imagine that Mark will soon figure out a way to make more money by
converting more mead into yet another product that will be more popular than
maple mead itself, which Ivan calls "the most disgusting, gut-destroying,
guerilla attack-beverage ever brewed by man" (p. 519)
and Miles concedes is an acquired taste...
and, not incidentally, cementing family support for his business
by making it a bigger customer of Miles's pet project.]

m a m