[LMB] OT: AKICOTL Cats and Kittens

Katrina Knight kknight at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 13 21:46:40 BST 2007

At 04:27 PM 8/13/2007 queenortart wrote:
>Anyone got any advice on how to introduce older female (4 and
>3yo) cats to 12 week old boy kittens.

My technique on introducing cats to each other has always been
to try to keep them separated until they've had a chance to get
a little used to there being another cat in the house, then let
them loose. Hissy fits usually result, but nothing worse has
ever happened with any of my cats.  As long as you're there to
supervise, you can always separate them again if they start
having a major battle. Making sure the cats you already had know
that they'll still get lots of attention and treats helps,

--
Katrina Knight
kknight at fastmail.fm