[LMB] Cats and Kittens

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Aug 14 20:39:12 BST 2007

Ellinor said...

> Dorian and Katrina are completely right.  Just break up any actual
> 'fights,'
> although it will mostly be howls and complaints.  Kittens roll  with the
> punches - literally.  Grown ups eventually, grudgingly, get used  to them
> and
> everyone finds a place to settle.

One of the funniest times I introduced a kitten to an adult cat was the
first time.

Vanyel was a very laid-back cat, so when he saw this new kitten in the
sitting room, he advanced slowly and curiously upon it ("must investigate
strange new thing!").  Shia backed up as he advanced, until she was trapped
in a corner.  He went "aha! Finally, I can sniff this new thing!"  Shia
screwed up her face and her courage, and hit him.  The "where did that come
from?" look on Vanyel's face was priceless.

After that, they got along pretty well, and any time Shia got annoying,
Vanyel just held her down and washed her until she stopped wriggling.

But Vanyel was an unusual cat.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--