[LMB] It's a sign (with even an ON-topic-ish reference)

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Sun Aug 19 20:32:24 BST 2007

In a message dated 8/14/2007 6:11:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lbujold at myinfmail.com writes:

Does  anyone know when Clear Blue Easy or the equivalent first hit the
market?  Because I don't think it had been invented yet at the time I
wrote _Shards_, although it may have been around by the time _Barrayar_
came out...

Note that "existence" does not equal "access", even in  the here and
now.  New technologies of all sorts spread very  unevenly, by class and
region.

M:

It wasn't available in 1968, I know.  I don't think it was available  for at
least 10 years after that, either.  Birth control pills were  available in the
50s, I believe.

Mary