[LMB] OT: ISO Calibrated Book Recommendations

Scott Raun sraun at fireopal.org
Sun Aug 26 01:56:39 BST 2007

On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 05:20:11PM -0700, Meg Justus wrote:
> Scott:
> > I've got two books (OK, book and a series) I've been trying to get a
> > calibrated recommendation about recently.
>
> Could you define "calibrated recommendation" please?

Have you ever had someone tell you 'You'll LOVE this book!' - and then
discovered you hated it?  And, after you got around to comparing likes
& dislikes with the person, discovered that your tastes were
diametrically opposed?

Do you know someone who's tastes in books _are just like yours_ -
ANYTHING they like, you'll like, anything they hate, you'll hate?

In this regard, 'calibrated' signifies that I'm trying to get a
recommendation from someone (or some group) that I know the tastes of,
and how those tastes correspond to mine.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org