[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: Ubentu advice

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 05:15:56 BST 2007

Would anyone here be able to recommend a place to go
to for advice on Ubentu, when one is a complete noob?

To unpack: I recently, through the kind offices of my
brother, received a secondhand (but still infinitely
better than my previous) computer.  We discovered that
Windows ME would no longer run on it, so we installed
and activated a Linux OS he had, called Ubentu.

I've never even SEEN a Linux OS before.

Ubentu seems very nice.  It's running everything and I
haven't had a single problem with it.  I am 100%
certain it will continue to be very nice if I treat it
right.  The thing is that I'm not sure how to do that.
 As I said, I've never even seen a Linux OS before.
And all the discussions on Linux I've seen online seem
geared to people with a fair bit of experience with
it.

So, could someone please point me towards some good
advice, that doesn't assume that I've already spent a
year or so already with Linux?

Raye