[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: Ubuntu advice

Marilyn Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 28 13:00:30 BST 2007

sylvus tarn wrote:

> As for installing linux on a sperry univac (of any kind) ah, that brings
> back fond childhood memories, as my dad worked at Vickers, back in the
> day when they were part of the sperry group, and I remember the open
> houses when we'd tour, and see those big ole tape-mounted drives.
>
> sylvus tarn
> http://rejiquar.com

=) we also have a Wang archiver, some arcane tape drive ... all military
surplus.

Not sure what possessed us to buy an old ballistics computer off a sub,
other than wanting to use it to prank a computer museum that closed
before we could prank them *sigh*

If we ever buy a house that is large enough we are sort of planning on
getting it sort of rigged up as decoration - use it to generate fractals
or some patterns to music, or preprogrammed stuff... not entirely
certain what it can do =)