[LMB] "The Warrior's Apprentice" - book talk suggestions/pointers?

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:15:49 BST 2007

[LMB] "The Warrior's Apprentice" - book talk suggestions/pointers?
Christopher Gwyn cdgwyn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:43:36 BST 2007

               If you scroll down to the picture of happy people
dancing you'll see that I have an interview with the Seattle Public
Library this Thursday (August 30th) for the Continuous Recruitment
Process Adult Services Librarian list from which the Seattle Public
Library hires when vacancies occur (hopefully they have a few...).  In
order to also qualify as a 'teen services librarian' I need to
"prepare a 5-minute book talk" (and presumably present that talk).

               Although I have done many presentations in classes,
conferences, and elsewhere, I have never actually done a 'book talk'.
Does anyone have any suggestions about what I need to cover in a book
talk about "The Warrior's Apprentice"?

*** Not a suggestion for content, which I'll leave to others including
the list's many librarians, but for a visual aid you might find and
print out the on-line comic panel that _Unshelved_ did on WA a while
back.  Your librarian audience might appreciate it...

Ta, L.