[LMB] "The Warrior's Apprentice" - book talk suggestions/pointers?

Nancy L. Barber nlbarber at mac.com
Tue Aug 28 20:04:23 BST 2007

At 9:43 AM -0700 8/28/07, Christopher Gwyn wrote:
>   In
>order to also qualify as a 'teen services librarian' I need to
>"prepare a 5-minute book talk" (and presumably present that talk).

I Am Not A Librarian...but my sister-in-law is in library
school, which is why I have picked up on the fact that
book talks are not, as I first supposed, like a 'book report'
on a single book.  I think they *can* only cover one book,
but the thematic approach tying in several titles seems to
be more common.

This page seems to agree with what I've heard from sis-in-law:
http://www.uri.edu/artsci/lsc/Faculty/geaton/MSLMAtalk/

Now the real librarians can let me know if I have it all wrong!

     Nancy Barber