[LMB] request for factual help - the timeline

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Fri Aug 31 19:23:48 BST 2007

> From: Elizabeth Holden <azurite at rogers.com>
> Date: 31 August 2007 04:46
>
> Can anyone here give me help in sorting out the timeline of Aral
Vorkosigan's life?  I'm not good
> at getting the details straight; and as I look at the novels, the details
seem rather vague before
> "Shards".  What year was he born?  How long was that after the departure
of the Cetagandans?

> His mother died when he was 11
> He married at 20
> He was - what, 23? 24? - when his wife killed herself or was killed?
> Is it plausible that he was a Captain at this time?
>
> Is there a website with this sort of information? Or someone with more
knowledge than I have and
> the patience to help me figure it out?

As for your previous request in 06 June 2007 try

http://www.dendarii.co.uk/FanFic/vortimes.html

Extracts follow

2727
Aral Vorkosigan born. {n11}

2739
Yuri attempts to exterminate all other descendants of Dorca Vorbarra; death
of Aral's mother and elder brother. Piotr Vorkosigan and Xav Vorbarra back
Ezar Vorbarra in Mad Yuri's Civil War

2768
Barrayaran conquest of Komarr. {and Aral is an Admiral}

2772
Shards of Honor. Sergyar discovered. Aral Vorkosigan and Cordelia Naismith
meet, fall in love, and wed. Serg Vorbarra killed.
========

married, at twenty [SoH] so 2747

".. Does it seem very long ago?" "Sometimes. Over twenty years ..." [SoH]
so first wife died 2751 or so when Aral was about 24.

"I was a captain by twenty-eight," the Count reminisced smugly [Memory]
so 2756

HTH

Little Egret