[LMB] request for factual help - the timeline

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Fri Aug 31 20:23:49 BST 2007

In a message dated 8/31/2007 1:05:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
blaise_writer at hotmail.com writes:

>I'm  fairly sure Aral was made captain at 29 - can't find the reference, but

I> have a vague memory of him talking with Cordelia, and she says she  made
captain at 30 and he boasts that he was 29.  So that would be  after his
wife's death.  He refers to being a lieutenant at the same  time as Ges, and
>implies that they were having a relationship then  ('we were lieutenants
>together').

Was he talking about the rank or the position of commanding a ship?   As I
recall it, Aral and Cordelia were both discussing ship command, not  rank.
They're not necessarily the same thing.  During WW II many  Lieutenants and
Lieutenants Jg. commanded ships and were called  the "Captain."

Mary