[LMB] Re: OT: Very small child book recommendations

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Thu Feb 1 03:38:17 GMT 2007

_The Saga of Baby Divine_ by Bette Midler. Absolutely gorgeous.

_Thrump-o-Moto_ by James Clavell, and er, the artist. Again, gorgeous (and a
cute story, too).

_Stellaluna_ by er, where did my copy go?

_Nappy Hair_ --totally nonPC, but you know, I know white people with that
kind of hair, too. Plus the story is made to be chanted, clapped, and danced
to. (no, no, mustn't write the Hermione Granger version...)

_Verdi_ by the same author as Stellaluna. Boy, that book is _green_.

_Captain Underpants_. Will be of great interest once he's old enough to wear
them.

Any Bunnicula book. Personal favorite _The Celery Stalks at Midnight_, just
for the title.

_Where's My Cow?_. Oops. Not printed in this universe, yet. That I know of.
Personally, I'd like to see Sam Vimes' version in print as well. Including
Old Foul Ron.

Hope this helps!

Jean Lamb, tlambs1138 at charter.net
"Research is hard. Torturing heroes is fun."--Mary Jo Putney
http://www.livejournal.com/~excessiveperky/