[LMB] list request and welcome to Ziviya's new baby boy and welcome back to Beth!

Lucy Chubb lucy at chubb.wattle.id.au
Thu Feb 1 10:59:30 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 09:40:12AM +0000, Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions for good baby board books?  Or even
> just regular books for slightly older kids?  I bought a Berenstein
> Bears book Early Reader book on sale (I remember loving those!), and
> he sits quietly looking but not touching it when I read it, so board
> books are probably not essential.

For slightly older kids (although really young ones like the sound of
the language) I would recommend the "Hairy Maclary" books -- all written
in rhyme. My kids _loved_ them from before they could walk or speak to
at least aged 6.

If I remember I'll have a look at what else they have on their shelves
tomorrow.

LucyC ...

Mother of two extremely enthusiastic readers aged 5 and 7... I suspect
that not having a TV has helped a lot. They wake up at 6am and start
reading, stop for a quick breakfast, and then have to be _torn_ away
from their books to go to school at 8am. One of them used to regularly
get into trouble for "reading" under the bedcovers with a torch at aged
18 mths.