[LMB] list request and welcome to Ziviya's new baby boy and welcome back to Beth!

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 12:23:15 GMT 2007

On 1/31/07, Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan <tora.smulders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions for good baby board books?  Or even
> just regular books for slightly older kids?  I bought a Berenstein
> Bears book Early Reader book on sale (I remember loving those!), and
> he sits quietly looking but not touching it when I read it, so board
> books are probably not essential.

OK. I have no idea how appropriate this is, but I can remember both
myself, and my five-year-younger brother enjoying the Barba-family a
lot (Barbapapa, Barbamama, etc.). I did locate their site - seems the
whole thing was French, which I had no idea of (I must have been, oh,
8 at most when I saw the last of them, before the books, used by both
of us, thoroughly disintegrated):
http://www.barbapapa.fr/gb/barbapapa.html

Turns out there was also a movie (which I also didn't know of), but
the books - I remember them well. The site shows board books too,
although they seem to be primarily in French - I don't know if they
have them in English too.

*hopes she didn't speak out of turn*

Greetings:
Kalina
--
Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons. (Ruth Ann Schabacker)