[LMB] OT: Anmar has indeed had a cow

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Tue Feb 6 16:34:23 GMT 2007

anmar mirza wrote:
> On a different note, I just came home after a weekend at the National
> Cave Rescue Commission Board meeting and found my house has
> burned to the ground.  A total loss :(  Over 10000 books
> and my kitty gone.  Since I have no insurance it's start over bootstrapping
> time.  At least my partners are ok and I still have the shop.

Oooh, I know how that feels, as it happened to me one time.  You will
miss certain items, there will be hollow spots inside, some of which you
won't notice right away; it will take years. However, replacing the
necessities will be easy enough, and you'll be back on your feet in no
time.  My sister lost two goldfish, and we thought the cat was gone, but
it turned up the next day.  Apparently, it was outside at the time.  Let
us know if there is anything specific we can help with.  There must be
10,000 metric Bryants of books alone available. :)

Good luck!

--Mark Allums