[LMB] Martya and Enrique

Elizabeth McCoy arcangel at io.com
Mon Feb 12 22:31:35 GMT 2007

At 10:06 PM +0000 2/12/07, Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan wrote:
> [...]
[...]
>But I don't see that brains vs. military nut is necessarily the issue.
>Surely there's some variety on Barrayar and galactically that she
>might run into?

Well, the other option -- which would be hysterically funny to me -- is
that it's pheromone-al. I recall reading an article in Discover magazine
that had some ladies volunteering to sniff... well, male sweat. They
rated them by noxiousness, and the least noxious (or even interesting)
ones were the ones whose genetics were most distant from the woman
doing the rating.

In other words, the more diverse the genetics, the more interested
the women were in the guy. (This may have something to it -- I _like_
how my spouse smells. Rowr. And his family tree seems to be pretty far
from mine...)

Therefore, it might be that Enrique is not only brainy, and not only
treating her like an equal, but also... Well, yummy!
--
--Beth, arcangel at io.com     http://www.io.com/~arcangel/