[LMB] Anna Nicole Smith

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Wed Feb 14 02:57:11 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mitch Miller" <mitchmiller at entertainmenttax.com>

> This case will keep divisions of lawyers busy for dozens of years --
> Bleak House with paparazzi.  I only wish I had a piece of it.
>
> Mitch Miller
>
> From: <dreitman at spiritone.com>
>
> <snip>
> Taking this OT:
>
> Oddly enough, the theme of my office newsletter this quarter is estate
> planning.  I wrote a description of the past and expected future legal
> problems the newly deceased ditz's estate is likely to encounter under the
> "Why?" heading.
>
> Dan, ad nauseam
> <snip>

In the case of the fight over custody of Aristotle Onassis' heir, at least
there wasn't also a paternity fight....

That in turn just caused me to think of on-topic matter--in the case of
Shards of Honor, the paternity being Barrayaran got the unwanted fetuses
canted and sent to Barrayar... hmm, not exactly as "son of a gun" there.

 But one of the current issues is that lawyer trying to stop paternity
testing.  In the case of Shards, the paternity testing got done by women
who'd been raped and didn't want to be pregnant by rapists.  Hmm, that makes
me wonder, were there pregnancies from raping Barrayarans  in which the
women decided to go through with the pregnancies, and will any of the
results ever go seeking their paternal relatives? .... [I hereby state that
I have no claim to proprietorship over that idea, if there is any merit
it/if Lois wants to use it, it's hers and I have no financial stake with
regards to it whatsoever]