[LMB] Barrayaran By-Blows [Was: Anna Nicole Smith]

Mitch Miller mitchmiller at entertainmenttax.com
Thu Feb 15 18:37:15 GMT 2007

That brings up an interesting question:  Do you think Elena and her
mother maintained contact?  Does Elena Sr. know she has a grandchild?
Was she invited for the birth, bris, or whatever expatriate Barrayarans have?
It's said that a grandchild can melt the coldest of hearts.  Do you think
it could happen here?

Mitch Miller

From: "Paula Lieberman" <paal at gis.net>

<snip>
That in turn just caused me to think of on-topic matter--in the case of
Shards of Honor, the paternity being Barrayaran got the unwanted fetuses
canted and sent to Barrayar... hmm, not exactly as "son of a gun" there.

 But one of the current issues is that lawyer trying to stop paternity
testing.  In the case of Shards, the paternity testing got done by women
who'd been raped and didn't want to be pregnant by rapists.  Hmm, that makes
me wonder, were there pregnancies from raping Barrayarans  in which the
women decided to go through with the pregnancies, and will any of the
results ever go seeking their paternal relatives? .... [I hereby state that
I have no claim to proprietorship over that idea, if there is any merit
it/if Lois wants to use it, it's hers and I have no financial stake with
regards to it whatsoever]
<snip>