[LMB] Re: Martya and Enrique

Jennifer Sessions sessiojr at uwec.edu
Mon Feb 19 21:14:41 GMT 2007

Kirsten Edwards wrote:
> Tora wonders (in respect of what Martya sees in Borgios):
> "The absent-minded scientist routine does have basis
> in fact and I've met many.  But I've never understood
> why any man or woman would want to take one on as a
> spouse!
>
> <snip> I'll do X (with verve) and you'll do Y (brilliantly) and
> together we'll be a joy to our friends and terror
> to our enemives.
>

> Kirsten Edwards

I would add that, the absent mindedness of the scientist in question
(basing this off my partner) is merely an extreme concentration of
attention elsewhere. And when that concentration lands on you, it can be
pretty breathtaking.  And when doing things like laundry and dishes help
me go into zen thinking on my own projects, I don't mind that I'm doing
dishes for two.

Jenny Sessions

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will
insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." Terry Pratchett