[LMB] thoughts upon rereading TSK:B, pt 3

Elaine Normandy elainen at stardel.com
Tue Feb 20 01:17:04 GMT 2007

On Monday 19 February 2007 12:58:37 pm quietann wrote:

> Slightly off-color story: my friend Joc, who's helping me get back into
> riding, described the posting trot as "Making love to the front of the
> saddle."  I have to say that thinking of it that way has improved my
> posting trot.  However, this is something that instructors probably
> wouldn't repeat to their average teenage girl student :)

I've done some English riding instruction with very young women, and
occasionally had to censor what I would have said to a woman my age.

And no, even though I am a reasonably good rider, I would not want to emulate
Kinsale's characters.  I went "are you kidding" when I read the scene, and I
was a rider then.

--
Weblog: http://www.stardel.com/fiveacres/