[LMB] upon rereading TSK:B, pt 5

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Tue Feb 20 22:34:35 GMT 2007

In a message dated 2/20/2007 4:34:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sylvus at rejiquar.com writes:

>Why  would death, in particular, prime the bones?  After all, all sorts
of  things not requiring death---milkweed fluff, feathers, hair---can
have  ground put into them.  Ground stays pretty firmly attached to  its
source, unless and until that source dies (or is transformed); then  it
appears to dissipate.  (Recall that all things, even stone,  have
ground.)  It's the knife-maker's job to make the knives receptive  to
ground, and my guess is they use bone because it's handy,  symbolically
appropriate, and prone to binding human grounds---the way  platinum
readily binds certain kinds of molecules.  However, since  everything has
ground, presumably a skilled enough maker could make even  refined metal
>receptive to human ground.

M:

One of the big points made in the plot was that the malice had to be  "taught
how to die" by a lakewalker death, which was supposed to be the  suicide of
whoever was carrying the unprimed knife around.  My  question was that since
the bones were bones of dead lakewalkers, why weren't  they already primed?  Did
it take two deaths, or did one death have to be  after they were made into
knives, or what?

Mary
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.