[LMB] [OT] Kyril Island-like weather over Europe, a storm named... Kyrill!

Irene Delse irenedelse at neuf.fr
Thu Jan 18 18:08:21 GMT 2007

Weather is still awful right now in Europe. Here in Paris, we've only
had strong winds, but things were much worse over the Channel, the North
Sea and neighbouring regions. Three dead in Germany, two in France,
several people injured, and I'm not talking about trains and planes
cancelled, schools closed, etc.

One weird detail in all the chaos: the storm (which can still be
upgraded to a hurricane) is named Kyrill. Funny to be reminded of Miles
when you hear wind howling at the window ;-)

--

Irene Delse
http://www.irenedelse.net/