[LMB] OT: Pet Environmental Hates (Was OT: Tesco)

Martin Gill martinsgill at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:27:58 BST 2007

On 06/06/07, Carol Cooper <carolcooper at shaw.ca> wrote:
> [snip]
> > My own pet environmental hobby-horse is people using tumble dryers.

Nope.. tumble dryers are small fry compared to my pate hate.

Outdoor heaters. Those horrible lamp-like items that a lot of people
are buying so that they can sit outside and pretend it's warm. Lots of
pubs and places are starting to introduce them.

Their entire reason d'etre is to accelerate global warming by trying
to heat up the atmosphere directly and intentionally, never mind as a
by-product.

Regards,

  Martin

--