[LMB] the Birthday Tixes

mckeownb at optusnet.com.au mckeownb at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 1 00:51:27 GMT 2007

the Antipodean Deputy Birthday Tixie and staff arrive for the last birthday wish of February. Today is the 28th and tomorrow the 1st of March is the first day of autumn here. We have had lots of rain but none has fallen where the dams are so we are still in drought.

So, without more ado or fanfare let us all gather to wish a very hapy Birthday to Dawn Benton.
Dawn, I hope that today has been wonderful for you - full of fun, pleasant surprises and good food. I insist that there must have been cake!!!!!!!!

It is small dog who takes on the responsiblity of the pirouette and twirl that send the Tixie Dust up into the high reaches to be carried by the winds to scatter around you - don't worry there is no need to clear it away, it will disappear of its own accord.

AS the ADBT and escort disappear she can be heard explaining that she doesn't think it is a good idea for two small dogs to hurl themselves off the bed and at the window just because a young kangaroo is as nosy as they are and has decided to come up onto the covered verandah just outside to look in through the window. She is aware that the verandah is only about one and a half metres square but still - what would they have done if he had jumped at the window instead of sideways?