[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: Digitizing audiotapes/audiobooks

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 15:43:18 GMT 2007

> What might be worth it though is if a couple of people get
> together,
> buy the thing and then share it out. Or, one person buys it
> that has
> easy access to it during the day (maybe someone who works from
> home)
> and offers to encode tapes from listees at 25/50c a tape or
> something
> ( I don't see it as being much work, just need to replace the
> tap
> every so often and hit "go" ). Loads benefit without anyone
> having too
> big an (in the long run) expense.

on the other hand, I would give worlds to have digitized copies
of the Miles tapes. I'm currently buying the new releases
through Audible, and have legal copies of the Reader's Chair
tapes, so I don't think it would be considered piracy to pay
someone for their time in digitizing the tapes for me, would it?

-Becca

"Effective communication requires constant effort, but ineffective
communication requires constant apologies." - Adam Pacio, in an email; used with permission