[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: Digitizing audiotapes/audiobooks

James cessnadriver at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 05:09:00 GMT 2007

I think I'm going to get it from geeks.com - they have it for $80 for
the next hour or so on sale... much cheaper than the $130 ThinkGeek
wants, and about what eBay is charging.

It looks cheezy, but then I thought about it. A cheap cassette player
can cost $20 or so, and a preamp or more starts costing around $20-40.
Why not eliminate all the complexity and just spend $80 and eliminate
all the hassles.

(Especially since I'm getting all the Vorkosigan books from Reader's
Chair (at 9 tapes each)... complexity just means a mess).