[LMB] Wormhole jims, Barryar to Komarr

James Burbidge james.burbidge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 11:52:37 GMT 2007

On 18/03/07, Lisa Z. Morgan <lisamorgan at lairhaven.com> wrote:
> I am sure this has been asked somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. The
> entire history of Barryar was shaped around the fact that it is a
> cul-de-sac, and that Komarr controls the only wormhole to it. Yet several
> times in Komarr, there is reference to Ekaterin or the Professora making
> five jumps to go between the two planets. How is this reconciled?

Each of the systems between Barrayar and Komarr has two wormholes --
one "in" from Komarr and one "out" to Barrayar.  The systems are also
"empty" in that they cannot support terrestrial life. The number of
intervening systems is one reason why it took so long for Barrayar to
be "rediscovered" after the original wormhole the settlers arrived by
collapsed.

James