[LMB] (chat) series and titles

Irene Delse irenedelse at neuf.fr
Tue Mar 27 19:37:09 BST 2007

Lois McMaster Bujold a écrit :
> (snip) Given that, the thinking seems to be drifting toward keeping
> /The Sharing Knife/ as an overall series title, with subtitles for
> each of the four volumes, even though it started out to be the title
> for one stand-alone book, but well, these things happen.  If I go that
> route, the current title placeholders would be:
>
> The Sharing Knife, Vol. 3: GRACE RIVER
>
> and
>
> The Sharing Knife, Vol. 4: THE WIDE GREEN WORLD

---> A few personal musings...
Keeping TSK as the overall title: good. Keeps the reader aware that it's
the same universe, even if not the same arc.
Grace River: bad. I feel it annoying me for religious reasons (sounds a
bit *too* christian too me). Besides, as Elvi pointed, it could be
anything but fantasy.
TWGW: cool title! Keep it!

Ah, the joys of title giving... ;-)

--