[LMB] (chat) series and titles

The Sundance Kid bobug at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 22:09:52 BST 2007

Herself wrote:
*snip*
The Sharing Knife, Vol. 3: GRACE RIVER

and

The Sharing Knife, Vol. 4: THE WIDE GREEN WORLD
*snipping again*

--------------
I've been reading the reactions of others... Grace River didn't strike
me as religious at all. To me, it's elegant, flowing, etc., not
"Christian". My reaction to the "Grace" portion was positive. "Grace
River", honestly, sounds like a horse track... *ducks a bit*

Wide Green World hit me as "Wide World of Sports", too... (Someone else
mentioned it)... That, or an Ent from Tolkien.

Is there a particular reason why the single-name theme was abandoned?
When dealing with a series that can't really have each book be taken as
stand-alones... keeping it shorter always strikes me as more appealing.
The Wide Green World isn't specific enough to use outside of the full
series context, and have someone place it... and saying "The Sharing
Knife - The Wide Green World" is a bit of a mouthful...

I'd be willing to read any ARCs you have, and help suggest names, you
know. :)

-Heather in NM (who wants to be contructive... just doesn't know enough
about the focus to do so...)