[LMB] (chat) series and titles

Sylvus Tarn sylvus at rejiquar.com
Tue Mar 27 23:48:58 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 22:27 +0100, Phil Boswell wrote:
> Well, to balance "The Wide Green World", how about "The Long Blue
> River" or something along those lines? I liked the way the titles for
> the first two counter-balanced each other.

I liked both titles, but I'm not fussy about those.  Bad cover art,
otoh...

`Beguilement' and `Legacy' didn't seem to particularly counterbalance
each other, but the above certainly do, in an appealing way.

Only problem is, never seen a blue river: always seem to be grey, or
brown, really.  Lakes, yes:  tahoe is gorgeously blue.  The Saint Claire
river, and is midwestern, if not ohioan,  is blue-green, but is more of
a straight.

So um, mebbe _The long blue water_?

But I hate coming up with titles to things, so I'm not a good person to
ask.  If the books are to be read 1-2-3-4, absolutely, `The Sharing
Knife, Volume X needs to stay, though.  No sense in frustrating people
with the middle book syndrome.  Hate that.  Right now, Scalzi's first
(published) novel _Old Man's War_ is missing, so I'm unwilling to check
out the other two which they have, cuz I know at least one of 'em's a
sequel.

sylvus tarn
http://rejiquar.com