[LMB] (chat) series and titles

Sue Wartell swartell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 03:34:54 BST 2007

I quite like them.  I like the idea of echoing the quotes from
Beguilement.  And grace is a positive quality in my mind, in a
completely non-religious sense.  Think graceful, gracious, showing
grace under pressure...

To my mind, no title clearly denotes fantasy, and only unimaginative
ones clearly denote SF (think "The Alien Invasion from Tau Ceti").
There is nothing intrinsic to The Wide Green World that indicates to
me what genre it might be (though I would be willing to bet it's not
urban in location.)  YMMV

Grace River can be ambiguous, in that it is not clear from the
subtitle whether Grace River is a person or a geographical feature.

What about -

The Flowing River of Grace (now _that_ one sounds potentially
religious to my ear, but it also flows nicely in sound)

Floating over/down/on Grace River

Grace River Valley  - to contrast the confines of a river valley with
the wideness of the world.  Of course, if the Grace River is the
analog of the Mississippi, its "valley" is quite wide!  The Ohio River
has a definite valley kind of terrain, though, at least in parts.

Just meandering.  I'm not much of a title person - the best title for
me is one that makes me pick up the book to figure out just what the
heck it's supposed to be about.

Sue - in summery Columbus OH (this too will pass, but it's lovely
while it's here)