[LMB] (news) my new blog

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 03:39:23 BST 2007

I'll join the chorus and say that Livejournal is much more appropriate than
Myspace for a literary-oriented blog.

Evidence: most SF cons I've been to in the past few years have an LJ panel
or three, or an LJ meet-n-greet, and these are nearly always overcrowded
beyond belief.  The LJ meet-n-greet at Arisia 2 years ago had something like
200 people (out of 2500 con attendees) wanting in.  People get LJ name
ribbons for their badges since so many fen know each other only by LJ name.

In contrast, I have *never* seen a MySpace panel or meet-n-greet at an SF
con.

quietann at gmail.com

aka "The Accidental Jewess"