[LMB] Re: (chat) series and titles (now with a spoiler, for Legacy)

B. Ross Ashley redlion at sff.net
Thu Mar 29 05:13:16 BST 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:48:51 -0700 (PDT), Azalais Aranxta <tiamat at tsoft.com>
wrote:
 > I like "Grace River" and am afraid I don't quite get why
 > other people don't.

I was as you may know raised 1960s Southern Baptist; "Grace River" is
not going to hit me out of left field, but "River of Grace" sure as
perdition would. Right out of that whole Arminian anabaptist theology
they seem to have forgotten.

As for "grace" in non-Christian religions, I cannot think of another
instance. Salvation through divine grace? The only parallel I can think
of that even remotely approaches is in Buddhism, the Pure Land groups of
Japan ... but you might know those better than I, Azalais.

--
B. Ross Ashley
http://brashley46.livejournal.com