[LMB] Re:(chat) series and titles

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:24:23 BST 2007

On 29/03/07, Ruth Frey <solsticebiz at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  "tonyzbaraschuk at netzero.net" wrote:
[snip]
> >Possibly it's just the fact that I'm a Christian, too. ;)  But I do like it.
>      No, I'm a hardline agnostic with slight Pagan leanings, and I like it too.  The
>  concept of a grace of spirit doesn't *have* to be diety-specific . . .

True enough.

I would like to know, having been somewhat disturbed by the depth of
feeling being displayed, just why having a "Christian" overtone would
be so much worse than some of the other religions which have been
mentioned.

It's kind of like overhearing someone saying something nasty about a
friend: you don't know quite whether to charge in and start defending
them because you dont know the context.

What is about the concept of "grace" which seems to give so many
people on this list conniptions?
--
Phil