[LMB] Male and/or Female

Marilyn Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 17 10:36:27 GMT 2007

Rachel Ganz wrote:
>  >And I used to be able to knap a knive blade. I used to date a
>  >paleoanthropologist.
>
> Carbon-datng?
>
> Rachel
>
> Brevity, clarity and cups of tea

The beauty of the pun is in the oy of the beholder...

Although I did learn not to trust carbon dating, most people dont
realize that it used to be accurate +/-500 years. If youo are dating
something from 10000 years ago,  not too bad but people trying to date
something like the Shroud expecting something accutate made him snerk..
It was exposed to fire *several times* and is too young for the pinpoint
accuracy. It could have been 0, 500 BC or 500 AD BEFORE the carbon
addition of the smoke made it impossible to date it to anything other
than the year of the main fire that smoked it.