[LMB] Author goofs that bug me - last night's TV

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu Oct 4 19:54:37 BST 2007

Iestyn said...

> At 12:09 PM 4/10/2007, PAT MATHEWS wrote:
>
>>Yes, but Early 70s (i.e. 1972) is not Late 70's (i.e.1977) and unless they
>>were being very, very sloppy in their terminology, they kept meaning 1977.
>>Or rather, they kept saying 'thirty years ago...worked this case for
>>thirty
>>years...'
>>
>>2007-30 = 1977. Sorry. Still won't wash.
> 1977: the German Autumn. Red Army Faction had 6 terrorist attacks
> confirmed during this year, as a start. Other organisations and
> struggles happened that year, including the Irish "troubles"

It's interesting that the first thing I thought of, too, was the Red Army
Faction in Germany...despite the fact that not only am I Irish, but I spent
the 1970s and 1980s regularly travelling to Northern Ireland to visit my
grandparents, I totally forgot about the Troubles.

And it was probably about 1977 when the B&B in Omagh had to put us in the
attic because there'd been a bomb nearby earlier that day, too.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray