[LMB] OT: Authors Harris and Davidson

ELLINOR at aol.com ELLINOR at aol.com
Sun Oct 7 13:54:50 BST 2007

As Jo'Asia said, Charlaine Harris is very good and her supernatural series,
based on Sookie Stackhouse, is into its, 7th book so far.  Start at the
beginning, though; while the stories do stand alone, the back history helps
greatly to sort out all the players.

She also seems to have started another series on a Harper Connelly, which  is
into its third book, but I have not read that yet.  [I like that you can
sometimes search for facts you know, then find facts you want to  know!]

This also reminded me about the thread of humorous books.  I haven't  been
following religiously so I don't know if anyone recommended these,  but
MaryJanice Davidson writes a series, most of which start with the  word "Undead,"
about a female who is accidentally turned into a vampire only to  find out she's
actually Queen of the Vampires.  Doesn't sound funny, but it  is.  She's up to
about six books, and the series begins with "Undead and  Unwed."

In searching Amazon.com for these, I found she has a new series, "Fred the
Mermaid," which I have not yet started.  There are two books in that  series,
with the second coming out in November.

Ellinor