[LMB] Trease and Snared Nightingale

Rachel Ganz rachel at compromise.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 14:26:00 BST 2007

I've just ordered lots of Trease from my local library. Read Cue for Treason and The Crown of Violet as a child, but had forgotten all about him until this discussion. And I never kew he wrote for adults, or wrote an autobiography, so really looking forward to them arriving.

Another historical children plus plot author is Cynthia Harnett, who I read a lot at the same time (esp. A load of unicorn) but it seems a bit overly informative when I read it as an adult.
Also "Redcap runs away" by "Rhoda Power" which I loved as a child.

They're not romantic though

And for a wonderful essay about writing and depression, there's Alan Garner's "The Voice that Thunders"

Rachel

Brevity, clarity and cups of tea