[LMB] Personal resonances

William A Wenrich wawenri at msn.com
Sat Oct 27 14:59:22 BST 2007

"to explore a man's life through time" - LMB

This is one of the resonances I have with Miles. For many years I've said,
"Looking back on my life twenty, ten, or even five years ago about all I can
say is, 'Boy, was I stupid!'. My worry is that I'll say the same five years
from now." So far it is holding true, though I'm reminded of quote from
RAH's Lazarus Long, "It's remarkable how much mature wisdom resembles being
too tired."

Another point that struck me was the dissonance Miles felt when he
considered Aral's mistakes at twenty. It's hard to think of your father as
"just a kid."