[LMB] OT: reading aloud to kids (was: ISO Calibrated Book Recommendations)

Mark A. Mandel thnidu at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 01:44:50 BST 2007

I read the kids Lord of the Rings, many years ago, all thousand-odd pages of it... although, if memory serves, the younger one found it too scary once they got into Mordor, the first time through. I had a different voice for every major or supporting character and still remember how I did a few of them, esp. Treebeard (v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y, among other characteristics.

m a m