[LMB] OT: AKICOTL - green pear recipes?

Kathleen Morrison kathleen.morrison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 03:11:51 BST 2007

Treat' em like cooking pears.  Poach them in vanilla sugar syrup, bake them
into pies(peeled and sliced), make cobblers.  They preserve well if peeled,
halved and cooked in sugar syrup.  They make a great perry (pear cider).
Peeled and chopped they can be made into a salsa, a relish, a chutney and a
mincemeat.

On 9/6/07, PAT MATHEWS <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:

> I had to thin my pears before the tree branches broke. Does anyone have a
> recipe for late-ripening and probably unripe pears?
>
> Pat
>

> http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/

Kathleen(laptop)