[LMB] OT:AKICOTL - self-starting modem

B. Ross Ashley redlion at sff.net
Tue Sep 11 23:01:42 BST 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:12:55 +0900, David Bernat <dbernat at gol.com> wrote:
 > B. Ross Ashley wrote:
 > > Absolutely. The telephone line should be "provisioned" by the telco
 > > which owns the landline, and there should be a filter thingie on the
 > > telephone wall connection with one side leading to the aDSL modem and
 > > the other to the 'phone.

 > Splitters don't always work.  Sometimes splitters cause the DSl
 > link to drop.

There are splitters built for an aDSL/analog telephone split, rather
than an analog/analog split. Generally, which port to use for the
digital connection is marked. I wouldn't want to use an ordinary
telephone connection splitter.
--
B. Ross Ashley http://brashley46.livejournal.com
http://brashley46.no-ip.info