[LMB] library p*rn

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Sep 18 05:09:44 BST 2007

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
> --- "Marty L. Adkins" <adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Can never be off-topic here.  Here's a fun link, courtesy of Claudia Muir:
> >
> > http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/2007/09/a_librophiliacs_love_letter_1.html
>
> Ooh, wonderful.
>
> In an ideal world I would get to visit all those libraries.

Don't I wish...

My favourite was actually the Charles Rennie Macintosh library -- more
plain, but highly stylish.

> namaste,
> Elizabeth
>
> who thinks our Ottawa Public Library Main Branch library building is appalling

I don't know of anyone who defends it (certainly not the City Librarian)
-- except perhaps the original architect and a few fans of Brutalist
architecture. Even as a functional library, it's a failure. Someday the
city of Ottawa will recognize that the Main Library is far too small and
build a decent one -- I know just the place to put it.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"Life is a play that doesn't make sense, while a play is life that does." -- Yann Martel