[LMB] OT: Doctor Who

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Tue Sep 18 13:53:09 BST 2007

--- alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca wrote about the episode "Blink":

> Absolutely. It is brilliant in so many ways -- and genuinely terrifying
> without being in the slightest gory. I hope it gets nominated for a Hugo
> next year.

It would deserve it. Better written than "The Girl in the Fireplace", in my opinion. Not that I'm
saying "Fireplace" didn't deserve its Hugo, but I'd have voted for "Army of Ghosts/Doomsday" as
being better conceived and executed.

But "Blink" was just about perfect. Good story, good action, fun concept, great lines. "Four
things and a lizard."

Someone the other day was commenting on the plot flaw in "Blink" - what happens, after the end, if
the lights go out?  Well, say I, we get a sequel.  That can't be a bad thing.

> Unfortunately the remaining three episodes in this season (a three-part
> finale) can only be described as over-the-top.

Yes... the "what *have* the writers been smoking this week?" school of Doctor Who writing.

namaste,
Elizabeth