[LMB] OT: Doctor Who and basements

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu Sep 20 18:44:58 BST 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
> (1) Which nation has basements and which doesn't? (I've spent time in both the UK and the US but
> the question of the existence or non-existence of basements completely passed me by.)

It's a regional thing, not a national thing.

A lot of it depends on the type of soil and the level of the water table.
In Florida (or so I've been told), it's just physically impossible to put
a proper basement under a house.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"Life is a play that doesn't make sense, while a play is life that does." -- Yann Martel