[LMB] OT: Doctor Who and basements

Azalais Aranxta tiamat at tsoft.com
Fri Sep 21 01:36:30 BST 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Elizabeth Holden wrote:

> > I'm under the impression that you can fairly safely make the
> > generalization 'the farther north, the more basements'.
>
> Thanks to everyone and their basement comments, which is pretty
> much what I thought.  So what did the TV do wrong and why did
> it matter?

90% of "That 70's Show" was about teenagers hanging out, getting
high and having sex in the basement, which looked...like a
basement, partially finished.  It didn't look like a normal den
or family room or parlour.  It looked like a basement that had an
old shabby couch in it so the kids could hang out down there out
of everyone's way and nothing in there that they could mess up
too badly.

~malfoy