[LMB] Romantic SF

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Mon Sep 24 12:51:10 BST 2007

> From: Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan <tora.smulders at gmail.com>
> Date: 24 September 2007 10:21
>
> On 9/22/07, Peter H. Granzeau <pgranzeau at cox.net> wrote:
> > I would only add that the Miller & Lee books are also available in
> > various electronic formats from the Baen Books webside at
> > http://www.webscription.net/.
>
> I've read all the books listed except Crystal Soldier and Crystal
> Dragon and Balance of Trade (and not the chapbooks yet either).  I
> loved the others and thought that these are about a different set of
> characters/different time period.  So haven't gotten around to buying
> them yet.
>
> Without spoilers, any good?

If you liked the main 7 books then you will probably like those too.

Crystal Soldier and Crystal Dragon are about Cantra and Jela, the war, the
Contract and the story until the first landing on Liad. Thus since you have
read the main 7 books you know the main outline.

Crystal Dragon  Miller & Lee (Ace pb) scheduled Nov/Dec 2007

Balance of Trade is a standalone and takes place in Standard Year 1118
whereas  Local Custom etc are from 1360 onward. There is some connection
with
Crystal Soldier and Crystal Dragon, none with Korval.

I have a updated timeline (includes the latest chapbook short stories) as
an Excel spreadsheet which I posted on Baens Bar, conference Binjali's and
would be happy to email to you if you want it.

Little Egret