[LMB] OT: AKICIF: on line book swap groups?

M Hämäläinen mhamalainenenator at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:36:32 BST 2007

From: ANDREW BARTON <andrew.157barton at btinternet.com>

> >Thanks for the info - paperbackswap seems to be US-only, but bookmooch is
> >international?  Is that right?
>
> From: Becca Price <becca_price at yahoo.com>
>
> bookmooch is international; I just got a book from Uruguay. but
> a lot of USians aren't willing to ship internationally since
> they raised the postal rates: they cut out international surface
> mail, and it now costs me $12 to mail a $5 book to England, so I
> generally refuse international mooches unless it's a special
> book.

I'm also a BookMoocher. Most of the time I've been happy with it: people are
polite and honest and the post haven't (yet?) lost a book. Of course, as a
Finn I'm sometimes frustrated when people don't mail outside their country,
but that's understandable. However, to make things weirder it's actually
cheaper for me to mail a book internationally than nationally.

Mervi