[LMB] shoes

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Tue Sep 25 19:01:27 BST 2007

I'm somewhat behind on reading email (sorry!) and reading posts backwards, so forgive me if I'm
stating something already obviousl

Elvi wrote:
> > . . . a point is made of Ekaterin finding
> > Nikki's shoes and putting them on him.

Ed replied:
> My thought, though, is that it's simply some true-to-life, experienced
> mother background, tossed in to add richness and depth.

It has that wonderful ring-of-realism.

That being said, I love the things that Lois does with footwear in the Vorkosigan novels. I
haven't made notes - but we have the obligatory bedroom slippers that Cordelia wears when escaping
Beta Colony for Barrayar.  Or the military boots that are the first thing Cordelia sees of Aral.
 And I seem to remember something exceptionally cute on Taura's feet at one point, though I can't
recall what.

namaste,
Elizabeth