[LMB] (chat) Krentz/Quick/Castle

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 00:21:25 BST 2007

--- sekhmet <sekhmet42 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yup. One of the three remaining Krentzes on my romance
> shelf, along with Deep Waters and Midnight Jewels.
> Sweet Starfire and a bunch of others got weeded out a
> few years ago, when I re-read it and decided that that
> there weren't enough good things to balance the
> lameness. The sequel to Light and Shadow isn't too
> bad, either.

hm. Maybe Light and Shadow isn't the one I'm thinking of.. the
one at the Noir Detective film festival? I thought she captured
the Noir feeling very well, while keeping her distinctive light
touch.

> romance. I'm so often disappointed by how many romance
> novels in general, and paranormal ones in particular,
> are rather grim. There's all sorts of angsty,
> over-the-top emotions and situations swirling around,
> but not much fun.

Yeah, I mostly avoid those. Too many seem to be Buffy ripoffs
anyway.

I haven't gotten into any of the Quick romances, because I don't
go in for historicals that much... it may be a case of knowing
too much so the errors annoy.

-becca

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Death, "The Hogfather" - Terry Pratchett